6/12/07

The new Harry Potter

Yahoo's featured news article proclaims the discovery of the New Harry Potter, a boy archaeologist who explores a hidden world deep beneath London. Roderick Gordon and Brian William originally self-published their book, Tunnels. Now they have over 500,000 pounds in advances. And I've heard that self-publishing is futile...

As an archaeologist myself, I generally don't want to read archaeology/treasure hunting fiction. So I am less than excited. The only book that I really like in which archaeology plays a big part is Nancy Bond's Country of Broken Stone. Not quite up there with her absolutly brilliant A String in the Harp, but very good. However, it is more a family dynamics story (English girl adapting to life with an American archaeologist step-mother and her three children while on a dig in Northumbria), than an archaeology adventure story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter

Button styles