Elaine at Wild Rose Reader has tagged me, so here goes...
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
I was on maternity leave with my week old baby...
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
Some of these have been done:
1. pack provisions for a two day stay in Newport, RI
2. find socks for children (tricky), make sure children put socks on (often I do it for them while they are still asleep. Faster, but perhaps it is traumatizing for them to be woken in the morning by someone grabbing their feet out from under the covers and they will have to spend lots of money on psychoanalysis?), get them to school
3. Take bus to Newport, walk to the Naval Underwater Warfare Center
4. Do a reasonably competent job analyzing the data from the autonomous underwater vehicles that are even now collecting more data in Narragansett Bay (note--the data isn't ready for me yet, which is why I am blogging and not analyzing. It has to be pretty processed by others before I can make any sense of it).
5. brush teeth
What are five snacks you enjoy?
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Buy houses for my two siblings and my husband's two siblings
2. Fund solar panels on libraries and schools throughout the country
3. Fund solar initiatives (like the non profit that provides solar stoves to women in Kenya)
4. Quit my job and open a children's bookstore
5. Buy new socks for the whole family!
What are five of your bad habits?
1. Not buying enough socks for my children
2. Not washing and sorting my children's socks in a timely fashion
3. Leaving things (books, cups, gardening implements, socks) where they are when I am done with them. I worry about my children in this regard, as my husband does this too, so we have breed for this.
4. Not returning library books promptly (the real reason I became president of the Friends of the Libary is related to this, but I don't want to come flat out and say it because I don't want to get anyone in trouble).
What are five places where you have lived?
Arlington VA, Portugal, the Bahamas, England, Rhode Island
What are five jobs you've had?
2. Housecleaner (ha ha this is ironic)
3. Archaeological field crew
4. Sales Clerk in map store
5. Archaeologist for state agency
I now tag:
Amanda at A Patchwork of Books
Els at Librarian Mom
Anne at Librarianne
Susan at Chicken Spaghetti
and a fifth slot for anyone else who hasn't done it already!