This year's official Oddest Book Title is...

The 2009-2014 World Outlook for 60-Milligram Containers of Fromage Frais.

You can read more about it here, and see the books it beat. My personal favorite is The Large Sieve and Its Applications: Arithmetic Geometry, Random Walks and Discrete Groups. It sounds rather soothing, somehow. Not like those nasty planned walks.

Now I am wondering if my sieve is large enough for me to try this at home...


  1. I'm kind of partial to Baboon Metaphysics myself!

  2. I'd be ever so slightly concerned about the curbside aspect of the colon consultation, but I'm thoroughly down with stripping and knitting. Though perhaps not concurrently. Or in a well-lighted room...

  3. Where do you FIND all this stuff! Always treasure-full postings.


Free Blog Counter

Button styles