This just in--
Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Adult Literature
- Barbara Campbell, Trickster’s Game trilogy consisting of Heartwood, Bloodstone, and Foxfire (DAW)
- Greer Gilman, Cloud & Ashes: Three Winter’s Tales (Small Beer Press)
- Robert Holdstock, Avilion (Gollancz)
- Catherynne M. Valente, Palimpsest (Spectra)
- Jo Walton, Lifelode (NESFA Press)
Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Children’s Literature
- Kage Baker, The Hotel Under the Sand (Tachyon)
- Shannon Hale, Books of Bayern consisting of The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, and Forest Born (Bloomsbury)
- Grace Lin, Where the Mountain Meets the Moon (Little, Brown)
- Malinda Lo, Ash (Little, Brown)
- Lisa Mantchev, Eyes Like Stars (Feiwel & Friends)
And now I am trying to decide which of the books in the children's category I'd pick to be the winner (since I've read them all). I'm going to go with Ash, although I bet Shannon Hale wins! (and that would be fine with me too).
Viz the adult books--I read the first 50 or so pages of Cloud and Ashes, and it was not for me--very mannered and painstakingly Crafted, and I found it too confusing and stilted. And I haven't read any other the others.
(with this post I am pre-empting all the work I just put into my last post, a new releases list, so do please go visit that too so that I don't feel it was all a Waste. Thanks.)