8/23/10

Howl vs Eugenides...the clock is ticking!

There's a little less than an hour to go in the Epic Battle of Howl vs Eugenides. Who will triumph in the YA Fantasy Showdown? Much as I love Gen, I think Howl would win...but Gen is currently ahead by a nose....

It was fun being part of this, even though I was only in it at the beginning. Thanks, Heather, for making the last few days while we waited for Mockingjay such fun!

And if you haven't explored the YA Fantasy Showdown site thoroughly, do check out the Author Fights--

Bree Despain in Jace vs. Daniel
Sherwood Smith in Alanna vs. Meliara
Kara Dalkey in Lessa vs. Goranu

Speaking of Mockingjay, I'm suddenly, and very belatedly, hit by the realization that maybe I should have re-read the first two this week...I can't exactly remember what happened in Catching Fire in enough detail to be certain I'll appreciate every nuance of this one. And now I don't know what to do...

6 comments:

  1. I love Howl but I love Gen more so I hope he'll win! Although I wouldn't mind a tie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling me about this - I'm for Gen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the exact same way about Mockingjay! I have the second one at home, so maybe I'll re-read the last few chapters just to remind myself. I mean, it has been almost a year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* I wanted Howl to win. I really think Howl would win in a fight. Gen's method of defeating people is using his words and doing sneaky things over a long period of time, grinding away at people's support systems. Wouldn't work for Howl, he doesn't want to have to do any of the things he has to do, and his support system is, er, very supportive. Whereas if Howl wanted to defeat Gen he would just drop a tree on him or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte, if you can't wait to read Mockingjay now that you have it in your hands (I'm assuming you have your copy now), you can read Mockingjay, and then go ahead and read all three in a row. I did reread the first two over the weekend, and am glad I did-- Hunger Games was pretty firmly in my head, but Catching Fire was a bit more ephemeral.

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles