7/6/11

Waiting on Wednesday--Bigger than a Bread Box

I had vaguely known Laurel Snyder (whose previous books, Penny Dreadful and Any Which Wall I've enjoyed lots) had a new book on its way this fall. When I read at Random Acts of Reading that this book, Bigger than a Bread Box, was chosen group as the groups fall ’11 Rep Pick title, I was reminded afresh of how eager I was to read it!

"A magical breadbox that delivers whatever you wish for—as long as it fits inside? It's too good to be true! Twelve-year-old Rebecca is struggling with her parents' separation, as well as a sudden move to her Gran's house in another state. For a while, the magic bread box, discovered in the attic, makes life away from home a little easier. Then suddenly it starts to make things much, much more difficult, and Rebecca is forced to decide not just where, but who she really wants to be. Laurel Snyder's most thought-provoking book yet. "

Coming September 27...

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

6 comments:

  1. Oh this does sound like a really fun book! thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the mention! I wish I had any ARCs left so I could send you one, but I had to mail them off to my parents this time. When you read the book, you'll understand why!

    XOLaurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really cute. A great middle school read. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Please stop by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for this kind of book.really find interesting and insightful.
    Accredited High School Diploma Online

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles