4/14/08

Skin Hunger, by Kathleen Duey

Skin Hunger: a Resurrection of Magic, Vol. 1 (2007, Simon & Schuster/Atheneum) is a great book--memorable characters (both male and female), memorable settings, memorable magic, and an interesting look at the power of words(it was shortlisted for the best YA science fiction/fantasy Cybils Award, with reason.

But don't be in any rush to read it (if you haven't already). You will be setting yourself up for disappointment, because

THE SEQUEL DOESN'T COME OUT UNTIL APRIL 2009!
Wah.

There are so many reviews on line I can't link to them all. Here are a few:

Robynettely
Writermorphosis
Wands and Worlds

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words about Skin Hunger.

    I know,I know.
    I do know.
    It got pushed back one season because Sadima did something that complicated...everything.

    I think(and by think, I mean *hope*) it'll be worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will be worth it! And April 2009 is less than a year away now...

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles