6/7/08

25 hours into the 48 hour reading challenge

Five more books read, with great enjoyment

The Opposite of Invisible, by Liz Gallagher 151 pages Teen Romance; a good read

Don't Know Where, Don't Know When, by Annette Laing 206 pages WW I and WW II timeslip story--I'll be getting back to this one for a real review.

The Little Betty Wilkinson, by Evelyn Smith 224 pages. Evelyn Smith is one of my favorite mid 20th century writers of English girl's school stories; although this is not her best work, I still enjoyed it lots.

Joey Pigza Loses Control by Jack Gantos 196 pages. This was my first Joey Pigza book. Its frenetic energy matched my mood of reading frenzy.

Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell. 163 pages. A most excellent book- I wouldn't be surprised if it won, or at least was nominated for, Awards.

Now there's stuff I have to do outside before it gets too hot-- from the 60s yesterday to the nineties today. What's wrong with the 70s, I ask. Things could be better managed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter

Button styles