The Hugo Awards were announced last night, and The Graveyard Book won the best novel category! For goodness sakes. I liked it lots, I helped it win the Cybils Award, I was pleased when it won the Newbery, but was it really the best of all best science fiction/fantasy books of last year???
Here's the slate of finalists:
* Anathem by Neal Stephenson (Morrow; Atlantic UK)
* The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (HarperCollins; Bloomsbury UK) (Winner)
* Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (Tor Teen; HarperVoyager UK)
* Saturn’s Children by Charles Stross (Ace; Orbit UK)
* Zoe’s Tale by John Scalzi (Tor)