8/10/09

The Graveyard Book has Won the Hugo

The Hugo Awards were announced last night, and The Graveyard Book won the best novel category! For goodness sakes. I liked it lots, I helped it win the Cybils Award, I was pleased when it won the Newbery, but was it really the best of all best science fiction/fantasy books of last year???

Here's the slate of finalists:

* Anathem by Neal Stephenson (Morrow; Atlantic UK)
* The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (HarperCollins; Bloomsbury UK) (Winner)
* Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (Tor Teen; HarperVoyager UK)
* Saturn’s Children by Charles Stross (Ace; Orbit UK)
* Zoe’s Tale by John Scalzi (Tor)

2 comments:

  1. Ooo sweet! I've wanted to get my hands on The Graveyard Book for ever!

    --Sharry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read one other book on the list- Little Brother

    Can't give an opinion because I am not strong in the Sci fi/fantasy department. I haven't read Stephenson or Scalzi but from working at a bookstore I know they are very popular.

    Stephenson must be a great writer, for people to keep reading his large novels.

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles