4/10/10

Readathon Mini Challenge--my kick off strategy

From Miss Remmers' Reviews come Mini Challenge 2: What have you surrounded yourself with for these early hours of the challenge besides your books? Is there a coffee thermos, lucky book mark, snacks, pillow.... We want to know how you have prepared so you do not have to leave your cozy reading space (by the way - we'd like to know what is too.... (are you still in bed, a chair, the couch.....)

Um. Knowing that I would be home with the kids without spousal support, I haven't surrounded myself with much of anything...besides the books.

As to cozy reading spaces--my house is furnished so as that we have multiple places to read, depending on where the sun/warmth is. This morning before the challenge I prepared by lighting a fire (we are back to more Aprilish temperatures here), so that Space 1 -- the part of Sofa A nearest fire, would be ready. When I go downstairs, I shall go to Space 2 -- Sofa B under sunny windows, in a different room (the one shown in my pile of books post below), leaving the kids the prime real estate of the floor in front of fire. Later in the day, I shall move to the blue chair, where the afternoon sun comes in sort of slant wise (on sofa 2, there's too much glare on the pages by afternoon)........

Did anyone else furnish their doll's house with an eye to providing comfy places to read for its residents?

1 comment:

Free Blog Counter

Button styles