2/22/11

Here's the list of nominees for the Andre Norton Award for Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy

The lists of nominees for the Nebula Awards have been announced; here are the books in contention for the Andre Norton Award, given for "young adult" books:
What a list! What awesome books! What a nice mix!

The Boy from Ilysies is the only one I haven't read, but I quickly hurried over to Amazon where it was sitting in my shopping cart to place my order....

And here, just for the heck of it, are the "adult" titles:
I find it interesting that they are considering the Connie Willis books as a single entity. This is the only one I've read from this list, although several of the others are on my hideously engorged TBR list....

5 comments:

  1. Conspiracy! Yay! I loved Ship Breaker too, but it won the Printz so I hope it doesn't win the Nebula as well. Behemoth is good, but I didn't love it.

    On the adult side, Shades of Milk and Honey drove me crazy--the fantasy side was great, but the historical side was not as well developed as it should have been. Blackout and All Clear I loved.

    And now I'm done being opinionated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go A Conspiracy of Kings!

    And I confess that I have never read any of Terry Pratchett's books because the sheer volume of them has me intimidated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, ooh, brandy-painter, just dive in to Pratchett! Actually just start with the Tiffany books, Wee Free Men being first, and that will be much of a smaller bit to handle, but if you're like me you'll just get suckered in and end up getting six different library cards just so you can catch up with his backlist. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping for A Conspiracy of Kings. I loved it. The whole series really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I haven't read any of the adult contenders - such yummy reading awaits!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles