3/30/11

Sequel to Finnikin of the Rock-- Froi of the Exiles, by Melina Marchetta, for Waiting on Wednesday

Exciting news! Last weekend, Melina Marchetta posted the following on her blog--a synopsis of a sequel to Finnikin of the Rock, coming out in Australia this fall:

"Three years after Lumatere is united, Froi has adopted the ways of his new homeland, dividing his days between rebuilding the kingdom and training with the Queen’s Guard. Until a mysterious man arrives with a promise that he can grant a young assassin access into the palace of Lumatere’s enemy: to kill the King of Charyn.

But once inside the secretive kingdom of stone, Froi is forced to protect the half mad Princess Quintana and her unborn child who will be the first babe born to Charyn in eighteen years. And in breaking his bond to his beloved Queen Isaboe and Finnikin, Froi may just be the one to bring peace between two kingdoms and find out the truth to his past."

Finnikin (my review) was too harsh a book for me to love it, but I did respect it lots, and so I might well be availing myself of the Book Depository (free shipping worldwide) for this one.

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.

10 comments:

  1. FotR is the only Melina Marchetta book that I haven't read. I have a copy so I don't know why I have been putting it off especially when she is one of my fav authors and Jellicoe Road is one of my fav books ever. I will have to dig it out and add it to my tr pile.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't wait. Thanks for tip on the Book Depository.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! This is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could see the cover of the book.

    or they have not released it yet?

    It's All About Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't find the cover, Aleetha--but I'm looking forward to seeing it too! Both Finnikin covers were gorgeous, so I'm hoping for good things...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read FotR this weekend and I really liked it. I saw this on Marchetta's site and am only hoping that there is not the same gap between the Australian and US release date. I am concerned because I never warmed to Froi. Marchetta has her work cut out in making me like him as a protagonist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will most definitly need to re-read Finniken--I can't, um, quite remember Froi....

    But with the Book Depository, shipping is free, so if the exchnge rate to Australia is favorable, it shouldn't be to expensive....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, that means I really need to get on reading the first one. *hastily bumps it up the TBR pile* Thanks! I didn't know there was going to be a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles