5/12/11

Divesity in YA

Here's where I'll be tonight, for the Diversity in YA tour:

Cambridge Public Library (Main Library)
Lecture Hall
449 Broadway
Cambridge, MA 02138

Here's who else will be there (Fan Girl SQUEE!)

Holly Black, Sarah Rees Brennan, Deva Fagan, Malinda Lo, Cindy Pon, and Francisco X. Stork.

Here's the point of it--to celebrate diversity in fiction! By happy chance, all the books I've reviewed thus far this week feature diverse casts of characters (which surprised me a bit; I had no idea, for instance, based on how he's shown on the cover, that Jacob Wonderbar was a kid of color in space).

My list of "multicultural" science fiction and fantasy for kids and teens now has 67 books on it...here's to many more! (Cindy Pon's books aren't on there yet, which I feel rather awful about; when Silver Phoenix came out, I was a bit late the party, and felt that so many reviews had already been written that mine would be redundant. But Fury of the Phoenix is number 1 on my list of books to buy tonight!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my land sakes....you lucky soul!!! Enjoy enjoy. I saw Holly Black in Redmond Washington. Oh yeah, I was fangirl, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great!

    I had to retrieve this post from google reader, so those who commented when it went up yesterday--you're comments aren't gone because I didn't like them!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles