6/22/11

Far Away Across the Sea, by Toon Tellegan, for Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, where bloggers share the books they can't wait to read.

My pick for today is Far Away Across the Sea, by Toon Tellegan, illustrated by Jessica Ahlberg, coming out this October from Boxer Books. I've been waiting for this one ever since falling hard (very hard) for last years Letters to Anyone and Everyone (here are my thoughts on that one). Tellegan's stories are beautiful read aloud to ones child, and lovely things to savour oneself, with Ahlberg's illustrations adding tons of piquancy and charm.

Far Away Across the Sea appears to offer more of the same gently surreal happenings in the lives of anthropomorphic animals. I am especially anxious to see if there is any news of the poor elephant, last seen floating off in the middle of the ocean....Oh elephant. My heart aches for you.

1 comment:

  1. This looks adorable! I read your other review and would love to read these books!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles