8/31/13

Of interest only to hard-core fans--all the middle grade sci fi/fantasy books reviewed at Kirkus from Oct. 16 to today (with an eye to Cybils nominations)

NB:  I moved my list to this post. Thanks.

Today is the last day to apply to be a panelist for the 2013 Cybils Awards!  (and Book Aps, Poetry, and the older Non-fiction categories would welcome a few more applicants...). This year I'm the organizer of the Elementary/Middle Grade Speculative Fiction Category (aka SF EMG) of the Cybils Awards, which means that I am picking people for the first and second round panels.

So the choosing panelist stage of the Cybils is almost over (the announcement will come in mid-September, and then comes the book nomination part  (October 1-15), and then the reading part begins in earnest...at which point some of us open the nominations page every hour or so to keep track of what has and hasn't been nominated.

And because I live in the future, I spent a happy while going through all the Kirkus reviews from October 16, 2012 (the beginning of this year's eligibility period) to today, pulling out books that looked like there were eligible in SF EMG.  I don't know if they are, and of course there are many books that Kirkus didn't review, and more to come, but for what it's worth, here's what I found (and if you are still on the fence about putting your name in for SF EMG, it might be useful to see what our book list might include!). I'll be updating this list periodically for my own amusement and edification....

I can't promise I got them all, or didn't make mistakes, and I'm sorry I didn't have time to put links to the reviews in; the ones I'm adding after the initial post are getting them.

3 comments:

  1. You've got a great selection here. So many new books for me to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gret list you've compiled, happy to see some of my favorites on here. Can't wit to see the nominations.

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles