11/29/15

This week's round-up of middle grade fantasy and sci fi from around the blogs (11/29/15)

Nothing from me this week--I have been reading lots, but not reviewing; instead I am spending the last of my feeble strength trying to get the living room French doors sanded and reinstalled; they had spent the last fifty or so years down in the basement, which wasn't good for them.  I thought (in my usual haplessly optimistic way) that it would be but the work of moments...ha ha ha.

The Reviews

The Castle Behind Thorns, by Merrie Haskell, at Fantasy of the Silver Dragon

The Copper Gauntlet, by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare, at Reading Rumpus Book Reviews

A Curious Tale of the In-Between, by Lauren DeStefano, at Winter Haven Books

The Diamond Looking Glass, by Dorine White, at Always in the Middle

Dragon Spear, by Jessica Day George, at Buxton's Fantasy and Science Fiction Novels

Escape from Baxter's Barn, by Rebecca Bond, at Hope is the Word

Fires of Invention, by J. Scott Savage, at Buxton's Fantasy and Science Fiction Novels

The Girl Who Could Not Dream, by Sarah Beth Durst, at Sonderbooks

Greenglass House, by Kate Milford, at Read Till Dawn

Grounded, by Megan Morrison, at alibrarymama

Hoodoo, by Roland L. Smith, at Sharon the Librarian

I'm With Cupid, by Anna Staniszewski, at Log Cabin Library

The Jumbies, by Tracey Baptiste, at Randomly Reading

Krabat and the Sorcerer's Mill, by Otfried Preussler, at Emerald City Book Review

Maddie Hatter and the Deadly Diamond, by Jayne Barnard, at Buried Under Books

The Map to Everywhere, by Carrie Ryan and John Parke Davis, at The Overstuffed Bookcase

Max Helsing and the Thirteenth Curse, by Curtis Jobling, at Ms. Yingling Reads

Moving Target by Christina Diaz Gonzalez, at On Starships and Dragonwings

The Rosemary Spell, by Virginia Zimmerman, at The Nocturnal Library

Shadows of Sherwood, by Kekla Magoon, at In Bed With Books

A World Without Princes, by Soman Chainani, at Sometimes I Read

The Trilogy of Two, by Juman Malouf, at My Brain On Books

The Whispering Skull, by Jonathan Stroud, at Leaf's Reviews

The Wrinkled Crown, by Anne Nesbet, at The Reading Nook Reviews

Three at alibrarymama--The  Copper Gauntlet, The Hollow Boy, and Nightborn, and three more at Dead Houseplants--Diary of a Mad Brownie, Harriet the Invincible, and Pip Bartlett's Guide to Magical Creatures.


 Authors and Interviews

Dianne K. Salerni (The Eighth Day) at Project Mayhem, on dispatching the bad guy

Michael Gibney (The Three Thorns) at Diana's Book Reviews


Other Good Stuff

Asteroid mining is now legal, so you can go read MiNRS to get a look at that happy future (some sarcasm, given what happens in MiNRS....)



4 comments:

  1. Gave me pause, but I did review one fantasy book this week. Struggling with sanding anything... Ugh. I rather liked Max Helsing, and both the copies I ended up with have been checked out. http://msyinglingreads.blogspot.com/2015/11/max-helsing-and-thirteenth-curse.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including my Krabat review! My blog is not actually named Defense against the Dark Arts, that was my (perhaps unwise) attempt at a catchy post title...it would be a pretty cool name though.

    Incidentally, did you know this blog is lifting your posts:
    http://www.teens.raja1000blog.com/this-weeks-round-up-of-middle-grade-fantasy-and-sci-fi-from-around-the-blogs-112915/

    ...it gave me a pingback which is how I discovered it.

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles