7/21/18

24 in 48 Readathon-book log

After a week spent on Jury Duty, I am ready to read!  Being on the jury didn't take any more time, on paper, than going to work, but it took more emotional energy, and I didn't have any to spare for blogging.  But happily, this weekend I'm taking part in the 24 in 48 Readathon, which will motivate me beautifully (d.v.)!

After 45 minutes of reading, I've finished my first book, The Train of Lost Things, by Ammi-Joan Paquette (my review)

After 1 and half hours of reading, I've finished my second book, The Winter Room, by Gary Paulsen.  It was a fast read because it has no plot to speak of, and it was very short (103 pages)

After 1 hour and 45 minutes of reading, I've finished my third book--Polly Diamond and the Magic Book, by Alice Kuipers, an easy reader sort of book, just 106 generously illustrated pages in a large font.

another two hours of  reading (mostly listening) for a total of 3 hours and 45 minutes at 1pm....and it's time for a readathon challenge--

share a book that has expanded your worldview or changed the way you look at something, whether it’s another culture, gender, race, a new concept, social justice issues

One of my 15 year old's summer reading books this year is Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe, which was one of my own summer reading books when I was around that age.  For me, it was my first meeting with Colonialism, and it was mind opening, to say the least.

Have now reached 5 hours and ten minutes, with the completion of Madam, Will You Talk? by Mary Stewart, one I reread once every ten years or so.....6 hours and 50 minutes of reading before I get to my goal of 12 hours before bed....

6 hours and 40 minutes of reading done...5 hours and 20 minutes to go (although realistically more like 4) and it's time for the next challenge:

Show us your nightstand books, or tell us how you decide what to keep on your bedside table! Is it everything you’re reading? Do you limit it to one book? Are your bookshelves so full that your nightstand is, essentially, another bookshelf? Share your situation with us!  

Here's my nightstand, which is, in face, another bookshelf.  I don't keep many books on it, because I tend to take whatever I'm reading upstairs and finish it, and reshelve it fairly quickly.  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will probably stay there for a while, though, until I get a taller lamp!

I have made it to eight hours!  have just completed Sweet Revenge: Passive Aggressive Desserts for your Exes and Enemies.

Made it to nine hours, and finsished The Candle House, by Pauline Fisk.  Odd British fantasy.

and now up to read in bed for maybe another hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter

Button styles