1/30/13

Waiting on Wednesday--Hero, by Alethea Kontis

Hero, by Alethea Kontis (Harcourt), doesn't come out till October, but I was so excited by the thought of a companion book to last year's Enchanted that I felt compelled to share it.

"Rough and tumble Saturday Woodcutter thinks she's the only one of her sisters without any magic—until the day she accidentally conjures an ocean in the backyard. With her sword in tow, Saturday sets sail on a pirate ship, only to find herself kidnapped and whisked off to the top of the world. Is Saturday powerful enough to kill the mountain witch who holds her captive and save the world from sure destruction? And, as she wonders grumpily, "Did romance have to be part of the adventure?" As in Enchanted, readers will revel in the fragments of fairy tales that embellish this action-packed story of adventure and, yes, romance."

And not being a pirate person, really, I'm pleased that it sounds like there's much more too it than adventures at sea! 

(personal note--that's a very tricky dress color to pull off successfully.  I'd avoid it, myself).

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read Enchanted, but Hero sounds really awesome. I agree about not being a pirate person. [unless your Johnny Depp] Agreed about the color too!! I could never.. lol
    Beth @ YA Vixens

    YA Vixens WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting -- I loved ENCHANTED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur. Pirate adventures! Heck yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pirates are just so...um...unlikely to curl up with a good book....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't really like Enchanted as much as I hoped but I'm still going to be all over this when it comes out. I wanted more Saturday. And pirates are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so excited! I just finished reading and reviewing Enchanted, and like Brandy, I really wanted to see more of Saturday. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds awesome! Off to reserve Enchanted at the library...

    ReplyDelete
  8. As it's Saturday's book, I have to say I was bummed that she wasn't allowed to wear trousers on the cover...but if it had to be a dress, it should be the one she wore to the ball in ENCHANTED, right? It is a gorgeous cover.

    The pirates play a small but pivotal role in HERO, worry not. But fair warning: Book Four will be Thursday's book, and there will be pirates and trolls APLENTY. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alethea! It is a lovely cover--just such a challenging color of dress. I like mossier greens, myself. After your mention of book 4 I of course had to find out who book three would be about, and see it is called Beloved, which would be Friday????

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles