8/31/07

For Poetry Friday --At The Seaside

I went to the seaside today, for work--part of my job is looking after shipwrecks. They are not as needy as my Dear Children, but still need care and attention. I can't think of any nice snappy shipwreck poems, and google didn't give me anything, but I did find this rather lovely poem by Stevenson that I'd never heard before:

At the Seaside

~Robert Louis Stevenson

When I was down beside the sea
A wooden spade they gave to me
To dig the sandy shore.
My holes were empty like a cup,
In every hole the sea came up,
Till it could come no more.

The Poetry Friday Roundup is at Mentor Texts today. Go to the next post, and you also get the Second Picture Book Carnival. Enjoy!

And speaking of carnivals, the August Carnival of Children's Literature is up at Po Moyemu-In My Opinion. and it looks great!

The September Carnival will be hosted by me--more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter

Button styles