3/7/10

Middle Grade Fantasy and Science Fiction Roundup for this week

Here's what I found around the blogging world this week; please let me know if I missed anything!

First, the news. Sea of the Dead, by Julia Durango, which has been on my tbr list for far far too long, was awarded the Golden Kite Award (given by children's book writers and illustrators) for best fiction.

That's it for the news. Now the reviews.


11 Birthdays
, by Wendy Mass (2009), at One Librarian's Book Reviews, and its sequel, Finally (2010) at Kids Lit.

Beauty, by Robin McKinley, at The Best of Children's Literature.

Claim to Fame, by Margaret Peterson Haddix, at Presenting Leonore.

Falling In, by Frances O'Rourke Dowell (2010) at The Book Aunt.

Fortune's Folly, by Deva Fagan (2009), at The HappyNappyBookseller.

Havoc, by Chris Wooding (2010) , at Mr. Ripleys Enchanted Books. (this is the sequel to Malice, which teetered between MG and YA).

The Mysterious Howling: The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place (2010), at Fuse #8 Production.

The Pickle King, by Rebecca Promitzer (2010) at The Book Aunt.

The Timekeeper's Moon, by Joni Sensel (2010), at Fantasy Book Critic and at Charlotte's Library.

Wiff and Dirty George: the Z.E.B.R.A. Incident, by Stephen Swinburne (2010), at Charlotte's Library.

And of course there are lots of reviews out there of the Alice in Wonderland movie. My husband and I read both Alices to my nine-year old this year, and he enjoyed them very much. When it was my night with him, I read the standard Tenniel edition; my husband chose the version illustrated by Mervin Peake. At Fantasy Book Critic, Cindy takes a look at a new Alice, illustrated by Camille Rose Garcia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter

Button styles