6/2/10

The Mythopoeic Fantasy Awards 2010 finalists

This just in--

Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Adult Literature

  • Barbara Campbell, Trickster’s Game trilogy consisting of Heartwood, Bloodstone, and Foxfire (DAW)
  • Greer Gilman, Cloud & Ashes: Three Winter’s Tales (Small Beer Press)
  • Robert Holdstock, Avilion (Gollancz)
  • Catherynne M. Valente, Palimpsest (Spectra)
  • Jo Walton, Lifelode (NESFA Press)

Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Children’s Literature

  • Kage Baker, The Hotel Under the Sand (Tachyon)
  • Shannon Hale, Books of Bayern consisting of The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, and Forest Born (Bloomsbury)
  • Grace Lin, Where the Mountain Meets the Moon (Little, Brown)
  • Malinda Lo, Ash (Little, Brown)
  • Lisa Mantchev, Eyes Like Stars (Feiwel & Friends)
For the full lists, here's the Mythopoeic Awards site.

And now I am trying to decide which of the books in the children's category I'd pick to be the winner (since I've read them all). I'm going to go with Ash, although I bet Shannon Hale wins! (and that would be fine with me too).

Viz the adult books--I read the first 50 or so pages of Cloud and Ashes, and it was not for me--very mannered and painstakingly Crafted, and I found it too confusing and stilted. And I haven't read any other the others.

(with this post I am pre-empting all the work I just put into my last post, a new releases list, so do please go visit that too so that I don't feel it was all a Waste. Thanks.)

1 comment:

Free Blog Counter

Button styles