3/7/12

Waiting on Wednesday--The Second Spy, by Jacqueline West

I loved The Shadows, by Jacqueline West (here's what I said about it), the first of the Books of Elsewhere (and was pleased as punch to see it win the Cybils Award in middle grade sci fi fantasy the year before this!), and the second book in the series, Spellbound, was also a pleasure to read (my thoughts).


So naturally I am looking forward with keen intensity to the third volume of the series, which now has a cover and a release date! The Second Spy comes out on July 5, 2012, and here it is:

"In Olive's third adventure, what lurks below the house could be as dangerous as what's hidden inside . . .

Some terrifying things have happened to Olive in the old stone house, but none as scary as starting junior high. Or so she thinks. When she plummets through a hole in her backyard, though, she realizes two things that may change her mind: First, the wicked Annabelle McMartin is back. Second, there's a secret underground that unlocks not one but two of Elsewhere's biggest, most powerful, most dangerous forces yet. But with the house's guardian cats acting suspicious, her best friend threatening to move away, and her ally Morton starting to rebel, Olive isn't sure where to turn. Will she figure it out in time? Or will she be lured into Elsewhere, and trapped there for good?"

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the books in this series, but I trust your judgment. I'll have to check out the first one. Nice pick!

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these, but they do look like fun! Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first book, somehow I missed the second and that must be rectified!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles