11/2/12

The Publishers Weekly list of Best Books--with four mg sff books making it on

 Best Books of the Year season is here, with Publishers Weekly presenting their list.   I of course zoomed in on the children's books, and here are the middle grade fantasy books that made it on.  (The links take you to what PW says about them in the Best Books list)

 The Peculiar, by Stefan Bachmann    Yep, I agree wholeheartedly.  This is one that impressed the heck out of me too!

In a Glass Grimmly, by Adam Gidwitz   I can get behind this one too.  For reasons that I'm not at all clear about, A Tale Dark and Grimm left me cold, but I enjoyed this one lots.

Starry River of the Sky, by Grace Lin     I enjoyed it, it's a beautiful book, and I'm happy to recommend it enthusiastically.

Yay!  The next mg sff book on the list is The False Prince, by Jennifer Nielsen.  Yay!  One of my personal favorites of the year.

I was also pleased to see Bitterblue, a book I'm very fond of.  But you know, I really don't think Wonder was all that great.  It seems to me that the message has more appeal than the writing...

2 comments:

  1. So excited The False Prince and Cinder made it on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a few on the list that I was also pleased to see - like The Diviners by Libba Bray, Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein and Drama by Raina Telgemeier, which I really unexpectedly enjoyed. I have read my BEA copy of Bitterblue yet, despite standing on an incredibly long line to get it.

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles