10/13/13

Books that sound intriguing that have not been nominated for the Cybils yet

So nominations for the Cybils close on Tuesday.  We are at about 80 books in Elementary/Middle Grade Speculative Fiction, and last year we ended up with 150....which means that there are lots of worthy books still to be nominated!  A few days ago I compiled a list of books whose lack of nomination surprised me, and today I offer a list of books I've not read, and don't know much about, but which sound interesting to me personally.  Some of them fall into that tricky tween space between Middle Grade and YA, but I've tried to only include the ones that look to me like they tilt toward the former.

And of course if you don't see anything you loved on this list, feel free to check my Really Long List of all the books reviewed by Kirkus that looked eligible to me when I was compiling it...

City of Death, by Laurence Yep

“When Did You See Her Last?” by Lemony Snicket

Back to Blackbrick, by Sarah Moore Fitgerald

Undertown, by Melvin Jules Bukiet

The Alchemist War, by John Seven

Thrice Upon a Marigold, by Jean Ferris

Earthfall, by Mark Waldon

Ghost Prison, byJoseph Delaney


Villains Rising, by Jeramey Kraatz

The Princess of Cortova, by Diane Stanley

The Winter of the Robots, by Kurtis Scaletta

Code Name 711, by F.T. Bradley



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter

Button styles