12/22/13

This week's round-up of Middle Grade fantasy and science fiction from around the blogs

Terribly late with this because I had No Time at all to read blogs this past week, and so I had about a zillion blog posts to get through today along with many Reindeer Games with my dear family.  But here it is!  Let me know if I missed your post.

The Reviews

Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring 6), by Jennifer Nielsen, at Charlotte's Library

Beholding Bee, by Kimberly Newton Fusco, at The Book Monsters

Breadcrumbs, by Anne Ursu, at Fantastic Reads

Cake: Love, Chickens and a Taste for the Peculiar, by Joyce Magnin, at The Book Monsters

Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder, by Jo Nesbo, at Ms. Yingling Reads

Flora and Ulysses, by Kate DiCamillo, at Becky's Book Reviews

The Gargoyle at the Gates, by Phillipa Downing, at Charlotte's Library

The Ghost Prison, by Joseph Delaney, at Paranormal Sisters

Here Where the Sunbeams are Green, by Helen Phillips, at books4yourkids

How To Catch a Bogle, by Catherine Jinks, at Book Nut

Island of Fire (The Unwanteds) by Lisa McMann, at Back to Books

The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles, by Julie Andrews, at Becky's Book Reviews

The Little Leftover Witch, by Florence Laughlin, at The Book Cellar

The Lost Kingdom, by Matthew Kirby, at The Reading Nook Reviews

The Neptune Project, by Polly Holyoke, at The Book Monsters

Parched, by Melanie Crowder, at Book Nut and Presenting Lenore

Rose, by Holly Webb, at Book Nut

The Shadowhand Covenant, by Brian Farrey, at The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

Sidekicked, by John David Anderson, at Book Nut

Sky Jumpers, by Peggy Eddleman, at Random Musings of a Bibliophile

The Unseen Guest, by Maryrose Wood, at A Reader of Fictions (audiobook review)

What We Found in the Sofa and How It Changed The World, by Henry Clark, at Book Nut

The Year of Shadows, by Clair Legrand, at Charlotte's Library


Authors and Interviews

Anna Stanizewski (My Sort of Fairy Tale Ending)  at Literary Rambles

Kurtis Scaletta (The Winter of the Robots) at From the Mixed Up Files


Other Good Stuff (more or less)

Exciting news from the British Library--
"We have released over a million images onto Flickr Commons for anyone to use, remix and repurpose. These images were taken from the pages of 17th, 18th and 19th century books digitised by Microsoft who then generously gifted the scanned images to us, allowing us to release them back into the Public Domain."  There's one I liked at right.

(I am going to work really hard to convince myself that the B.L. is using "gifted" in its strict legal sense and is not endorsing the use of "gifted" in instances where "gave" will do, because that makes me cranky.  And in the same vein (it things that make me cranky), the ass has been replaced by a lamb in modern versions of The Little Drummer Boy.  Sigh.)

I'm not sure if this is actually "good stuff" or simply sad, but I find the Darwin Awards rather fascinating, perhaps because someday I might see my own name there (I am the only person I know who has ever managed to slam their nose with the car door)--here are 2013's winners.

1 comment:

Free Blog Counter

Button styles