9/2/20

what are three books you own you think no-one else has?

Although I obviously read lots of middle grade books, I don't keep them in my public facing bookshelves (living room and dining room), but in the more private bedroom spaces....just in case, you know, people I don't know very well but want to be friends with come over, and are drawn to the bookshelves, the way good potential friends should be, and after perusing the titles think "Charlotte is clearly a very interesting and erudite person, and I would like to be her friend."  Of course, this doesn't happen (people coming over, that is), and so, when I was dusting the living room bookshelf, I decided it would be fun to share three books on my shelf that I don't think are owned by anyone else I know. The one on the left is 100,000,000 Guinea Pigs: Dangers in Everyday Foods, Drugs, and Cosmetics (1932).


Possibly the stranger seeing these will not think "I want to be friends with Charlotte" but rather "Charlotte is strange," but in that case they would not be good friends for me.

It would be fun to see other people's most obscure books!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a fun one! I am looking at my shelves and I have to admit I don't feel like I have anything particularly rare and unusual amongst my books. Blast! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when the library booksales start again, maybe something odd will manifest itself....

      Delete
  2. Haha, I love this question and I would steal it except there is no way I could match the coolness of those selections. And I'm sure I would want to be friends with you after seeing your bookshelves, in spite of the guinea pigs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Someday maybe you can visit them in person.....

      Delete
  3. Charlotte, I'm ... I really think the sheep sketchbook is AMAZING. Also, I want to look at the guinea pig book!!! And of course, everyone should know a little Yiddish.

    I have a Golden Guide to Hallucinogenic Plants from 1977, but I daresay that's not nearly as cool. I don't collect as many books now that we sold our townhouse; I don't want to CARRY them to our next place. But, someday, I aspire to books as ...weird as yours. And they are weird, but the good kind of weird, rather like you. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! yes....it's not everyone who can fully appreciate either me or my bookshelves. Someday I hope you can visit them in person!

      Delete
  4. I have nothing that even comes close to what you have here, although one might take a pause to see my copy of The Poisoner's Handbook on my shelf. I think I would want to be friends with you based on your three books alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! The Poisoner's Handbook sounds very cool!

      Delete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles