4/3/22

today's mg sci fi/fantasy round up is delayed

 blogloving is over capacity, and I can't get in to find all the posts I was saving for today.....will keep trying!  

In the meantime, here's a cautionary tale--don't put books on radiators.

Today's example of "Why Charlotte can't accomplish anything because of always having to spend precious time solving problems of her own creation"-- I thought, as I placed the library book on top of the radiator--"sure hope this doesn't fall down the back of it!" It did. And the book was too wide to just be pulled out (and even my small, delicate (?) hands don't fit) so it had to be lifted up and out with a piece of random home-renovation wood that was conveniently close at hand...ten minutes of my life, gone just like that!

But the book has been recovered, so all is well in the end.....



3 comments:

  1. I have books on nearly every radiator in the house and although I don't think I have lost any (because most have radiator covers), I know it is very bad for the books because it dries them out! Maybe you and I need a pact to pile them on the floor instead. Oh wait, I swore I wasn't going to do that either, after the time the pipe burst and water attacked two Robert Goddards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my radiators are almost never on (I try to stick with the woodstove as much as possible), and this was a temporary placement....but gee, water attacking sounds awful!

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to retrieve it! I guess this is one good example of why I should be happy most of my reading is done digitally these days! Of course, the blogloving problem reinforces why it's good to have back ups. No winning!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles