5/1/22

In which I join Wyrd and Wonder

Wyrd and Wonder is a month long celebration of the fantastic (now in its fifth year) and I decided I needed to do something fresh here at my blog, and so I'm joining in with the read a longs and discussion prompts, and some vigorous reading from my tbr pile.

I had a fun time shopping in that huge pile for books to read this month along side my regular middle grade and time travel reading, and here's what I came up with.



Some of these have been on the pile for years-I have a bad habit of buying books I really want to read, and then once I've secured them, somehow the potential to read them takes the place of actually doing so.

Because I can't take good pictures, here are the books--

A Castle of Tangled Magic, by Sophie Anderson

Prophesies, Libels & Dreams, by Ysabeau Wilce

Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City, by K.I. Parker

Nikoles, by Rachel Neumeier

The Bird and the Blade, by Megan Bannon

Empress of Salt and Fortune, by Nghi Vo

The Story of Owen, Dragon Slayer of Trondheim, by E.K, Johnston

A Psalm for the Wild Build, by Becky Chambers

A College of Magics, by Caroline Stevermer

Foxheart, by Claire Legrand

Interworld, by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves

Stealing Death, by Janet Lee Carey

Kingfisher, by Patricia McKillip

The House of Mountfathom, by Nigel McDowell

The Privilege of the Sword, by Ellen Kushner

Look for my wrap-up review post on May 31! (d.v.)


4 comments:

  1. Welcome to Wyrd & Wonder! :D Looks like a great range of your titles on your TBR - hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list! I loved A PSALM FOR THE WILD-BUILT! I look forward to hearing what you think of the others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy Wyrd and Wonder - I've never really participated, but I enjoy lurking around the edges. I love your book pile. "I have a bad habit of buying books I really want to read, and then once I've secured them, somehow the potential to read them takes the place of actually doing so" - sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Wyrd and Wonder. I love it when people shop for this event :D

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles