8/25/24

This week's round up of middle grade sci fi and fantasy from around the blogs (8/25/24)

I'm back from a busy busy summer!  Here's what I found from the past week; please let me know if I missed your post!

The Reviews

Between Flowers and Bones, by Carolyn Leiloglou, at  A Journey of Words 

Crossbow of Destiny, by Brandon Hoang, at Cracking the Cover

The Fixer Upper (Lost Legends), by Jen Calonita, at Kiss the Book

Give Me Something Good to Eat, by D.W. Gillespie, at Ms. Yingling Reads 

The Great Phoenix of London, by Lindsay Galvin, at Sifa Elizabeth Reads  

 Jaden Powers and the Inheritance Magic, by Jamar J. Perry, at Always in the Middle…  and Ms. Yingling Reads 

 The Legend of Last Library, by Frank L. Cole, at Kiss the Book 

The Mailbox Tree, by Rebecca Lim and Kate Gordon, at Mark My Words

Nettle, by Bex Hogan, at Scope for Imagination

The Oracle's Door, by Zetta Elliott, at Charlotte's Library

Project Mercury, by Ronald L. Smith, at Ms. Yingling Reads 

Secret Sky-The Young Universe, by T. Alan Horne, at Always in the Middle…  

The Serpent Rider, by Yxavel Magno Dino, at Mark My Words 

 We Do Not Welcome Our Ten-Year-Old Overlord, by Garth Nix, at Mark My Words 


Authors and Interviews

Karen Strong (The Secret Dead Club) at From The Mixed Up Files


Other Good Stuff

This year's call for Cybils Awards judges is up!  I'm no longer the category chair for elementary/middle grade speculative fiction, but I am sure A Library Mama will do an excellent job!  Instead, I'm chairing High School non-fiction for a total change of pace. Reading for the Cybils is both worthwhile and fun, so do consider applying!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great trip to England! Maybe post some details about it. Glad the round up is back! I appreciate the hard work you do to create it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your reading for High School non-fiction!!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles