6/22/08

Sunday Garden Stroll

Last Sunday I posted a picture of the red rose climbing our barn. Here is is again, with the last of the roses now joined by a clematis:
We do not have a particularly communal approach to gardening--each of us has our own special bits, and special plants. These two are definitely my husband's plants--he picked them and planted them, and built their trellis.

Here's one of my own, a delphinium that I grew from a seed, and that I love dearly:



Has anyone else tried growing delphiniums from seed? I try every year, and this is the one plant that made it to maturity. I have not a clue as to where I am going wrong.

The tree holding up the delphinium is a Cox's Orange Pippin, one of the many apple trees my husband has planted (although, since I am an archaeologist and therefore Good With Shovels, I did the bulk of the hole digging).

For more Sunday Garden Strolling, visit A Wrung Sponge!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely color combo here today. I adore that delphinium. I have a clematis on the front porch but it isn't doing well and hasn't bloomed. Maybe it doesn't get enough sun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny to think of garden territories. The veggies have always been my husband's turf, but this year they're part of science class for my daughter, so we've taken over.

    Your flowers are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue of that delphinium. Gorgeous. And you are SO lucky to have a Cox's OP. They are excellent apples. Is it a heavy producer? I just planted a Gravenstein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous blue! I am going to have to plant some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely striking, and the barn is even more beautiful than it was last week!

    Blues, and dark purples, are some of my favorite colors in the garden.

    Love the idea of Good With Shovels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely striking, and the barn is even more beautiful than it was last week!

    Blues, and dark purples, are some of my favorite colors in the garden.

    Love the idea of Good With Shovels!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles